Clay Aiken comes out of the closet

Clay Aiken appears on the cover of the latest People magazine holding his infant son, Parker Foster Aiken, with the headline: "Yes, I'm Gay."

Does any of this seem rather odd to anyone else? It's no shock that Clay is gay, but to bring a child into this world and then use that child in some public announcement of sexuality is just wrong..

It was the first decision I made as a father," Aiken told the magazine, which arrives on newsstands Friday. "I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that."

The magazine cover features Aiken holding his son, born in August. Aiken, who considers himself a born-again Christian, said he knows he may turn off some fans -- known as Claymates -- with his admission and his decision to have a child outside traditional marriage.

Clay, forget about fans, how about the faith that you claim to have? That's the bigger issue.

No comments: