The New RRK? I Don't Get It

I can talk about Pittsburgh radio because I've worked in it for over 10 years and I've seen stations come and go along with staff. In fact, I worked at many of them! WRRK has been teasing a new format for few weeks. Well today was the big change day. I admit, I'm listening to see what they do. So far the broadcast has been uneventful to say the least. It's sounds just like the old RRK that has been struggling in the ratings for years. "Rock without Rules" what the heck does that mean? Mr. Mullet Yinzer who called in seemed happy that nothing has changed. The hair loss commercials are really exciting and I'm sure this new (old) format will be as exciting as the Motely Crew reunion. Yawn........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is Pittsburgh radio so bad????

Anonymous said...

Personally-I would just like to see a CCM station 24-7 instead of just on weekends. Then I would be content with Pittsburgh radio.


-macbeaner

Shaun Pierce said...

It is the goal of our parent company to launch a 24 hour CCM station as soon as we are able to aquire another FM signal in the area. When that will happen is anybody's guess but it could happen here someday.

Anonymous said...

I'll be anxiously awaiting that day. I hope you post it here if it ever happens. Thanks for the heads up!

-macbeaner