No WMD's Found... Sort Of

Already the "I told you so's" are rolling in my email box. Bush lied there was no real reason to go to war! Even the President said "I felt like we'd find weapons of mass destruction - like many here in the United States, many around the world. We need to find out what went wrong in the intelligence gathering." Now I can admit when I've been duped and I will admit when I am wrong but I'm not willing to do either in this case. Here is why..
All we hear is what we didn't find. It's rare we are told what we DID find in the search for banned weapons in Iraq - starting with 1.8 tons of partially enriched uranium. According to the Energy Dept. the United States removed from Iraq nearly two tons of uranium and hundreds of highly radioactive items that could have been used in a dirty bomb. Yeah, yeah but that's it right? Nope! Don't forget the discovery of Sarin gas-filled artillery shells. For those that still say Saddam was not hiding anything how about those 30 Iraqi jet fighters that weapons searchers found buried in the sand near Baghdad. I'm no aviation expert but I don't think you bury a plane when it's not in use. Not to metion the thousands of men, women and children we found buried in mass graves. President Bush needs only to explain what we did find. While his opponents need to realize, if Saddam would kill his own people, what do you think he would do to us?

1 comment:

Shaun Pierce said...

Rob:
Look up the definition of a lie and the re-read the article a bit slower this time.