Sports Illustrated Trade

We talked about this ont he show and I've had some request so I'm post the info. Thanks to Roy for the tip!

Roy writes:
Each year I throw my unread swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated in the trash but yet I don’t cancel my subscription as I enjoy many of the articles during the year as a confirmed sports junkie. This week’s edition to my surprise contained a small paragraph that said “if you don’t want he swimsuit issue call and we will delete it and extend your subscription one week. The number to call is 1-866-228-1175 it is simple and took only a minute or two.My point is that while for the life of me I don’t understand how swimsuits comprise a sport, I do realize that it does is sell magazines, I was grateful to be able to do something no mater how small to not be a part of what I feel inappropriate. I do not consider myself a prude nor think this miniscule action will change the world but it is an opportunity to make a point. With the power of Salem communications perhaps if you did a station wide PSA enough people would call SI to cancel that issue and we could put our collective voices heard.

Roy Laux

No comments: