Is this Doomsday?

August 22, is a date that marks an important historic event on the Islamic calendar. That could spell trouble.

Internet websites have been full of speculation that it could be a target date for terrorists in commemoration of the return of the 12th imam, a supposed day of reckoning for Shiites. I have avoided the speculation until now.

This year, August 22 marks the holy day on the Islamic calendar that is the day of reckoning for Shiites. Some Shiite sects believe that August 22 could correspond to the end of the world. And just today, after much hype, Iran has announced that it will continue to develop its nuclear program. To followers of Iranian President Ahmadinejad, this is a well-timed affront to Israel, the United States and the world. The United Nations had given Iran until the end of the month to respond, but Ahmadinejad had made it clear to all Iranians and the world that he intended to respond on the eve of August 22. This guy is just crazy enough to try something stupid. The question is will he and what would that be?

To me that date is no different then any other day. We must understand that God is in control. We must also be aware and protective at all times. I've been asked if I think something will happen. I don't know. I take peace in knowing that whatever happens I can not change it and God wins in the end.

2 comments:

The Unseen One said...

Well, it looks like nothing happened.

GOOD DEAL!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I guess we're safe for another year!