Allegheny County appeals assessment ruling

For the past 5 years I've has 3 differnt values on my home. Now this!

The Allegheny County Law Department filed an appeal of the Common Pleas Court decision which declared the current assessment system unconstitutional.

The appeal, filed this afternoon, details five areas in which the county believes Common Please Judge R. Stanton Wettick was wrong in his legal opinion.

Since the Judge Wettick's decision declared a state law unconstitutional, the appeal automatically goes to the Supreme Court which has to decide the case, County Solicitor Michael H. Wojcik said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had my appeal heard last mopnth, still waiting on a response!
I'm one of those thats unfairly burdened, and am treated (taxed) inferiorly. I paid 52,500 in 2005 for my property, thats assesed at 66,000. Until the recent court decisions, I couldnt appeal. NOW, the tides are changing!
There property selling for 3-4 times its assed value, and those assesments are locked in! THATS UNFAIR TO PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO LIVE IN A MODEST NEIGHBORHOOD! I'm paying a greater percentage of tax than those other high-value homes loike Mt. Lebanon, Fox Chapel, Sewickley, etc....
If I dont get relief through my administrative appeal, I'm going straight to CommonPleas. I bet they'll like my case over there!