CBS Cuts Hit Pittsburgh

As reported, CBS fired about 150 people nationwide this week. I've been waiting to hear what effect this will have on Pittsburgh Radio. Well, now I hear John Cline is out at 100.7

John Cline (formerly of the defunct B-94 moring show) has left the morning show of WZPT (Star 100.7) as of Wednesday. His image has been scrubed from the station website.

Another sad leadership act brought to you by Infinity broadcasting.... where good stations are destroyed. Don't miss the implosion of KDKA. Coming soon from Infinity and CBS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CBS must be in trouble if they make such horrible decisions. The worst part about letting John go was how sudden it was. No explanation, google it if you want to find out, all of the sudden gone! CBS sucks!

Anonymous said...

John Cline was the star of B-94 and then 100.7. Hopefully he will stay in the 'burgh and I will follow him to his next station. I don't care if it's country or symphony. He was what made that show. CBS was wrong to get rid of him. They should have got rid of Bubba or J.R.

Unfortunately it was just after I filled out my ratings survey, so they'll reap the benefits of that.

Shaun Pierce said...

I hope you spelled WORD FM right on that survey!