Pro-Life Cause Marches On

Usually I'm on my way to Washington, DC to join thousands of others in the March for Life. The way things worked out this year I was not able to make it. However, my thoughts and prayers are with those who did make that trip.

It's mind boggling to know that we worry about junk food kids eat and what movies they watch. We pass smoking bans and outlaw trans fat. We take up the cause of global warming and save the whales. Yet after handing power to a Republican President, Congress and Senate, abortion is still legal in this country.

I cheer all that have responded to speak out against this tragic option. We no longer value life much in the world. Still, we must first seek to change hearts before laws. A women killing her own child is not a decision anyone should have to make.

4 comments:

The Unseen One said...

I was born two and a half years before the abomination of Roe V Wade was decided. Praise God, or given the fact that my bio-mom was a single 18 year old, and what my existance did to her relationship with her family, I would most likely have never been born.

Unfortunately, over 22 million weren't as lucky as I.

Anonymous said...

Your mom did make a choice though; she chose to have you rather than have an abortion illegally.

Making abortions illegal will not make abortions go away, and it certainly won't take away allchoice women have in the matter.

The only way to limit abortions is to find out the reasons why women seek abortions in the first place, and then try and prevent unwanted pregnancies from happening in the first place.

Shaun Pierce said...

Anon - You're right. We were told the birth control pill was the abortion answer. It was not. We heard the condoms and 'safe sex' cry. It's not like we don't know what the answer is. God gave the answer. Don't jump into bead unless you are married and ready to have children.

I don't know if you realize it or not but you are calling for abstence education. I thank you for that.

The Unseen One said...

Making "birth control type" abortions illegal will give millions life who will now face death. Illegal abortions will still happen, but I'll take the 95% immediate reduction over doing nothing because it isn't the perfect solution.

The only way to limit abortions is to find out the reasons why women seek abortions in the first place,
You are wrong. Making them illegal will limit them extremely.