Hot & Bothered?

Weather forecasts released Thursday suggested that the cold weather expected to hit the U.S. Midwest between Jan. 28 and Feb. 1 will now persist longer than previously expected. One model run by meteorologists at MDA's EarthSat Weather Group in Rockville, Md., forecasts "the coldest outbreak in years" for large parts of the U.S. between Feb. 2-6.

Huh? How could that be? The earth is warming but the midwest is cooling????

Meanwhile, private forecasters WSI Corp in Andover, Mass., predicted that temperatures from February through April will be warmer than normal. However, WSI said it would revise its forecast by week's because of the expected low temperatures in early February.

Hummmm?

2 comments:

Shaun Pierce said...

Well you first have to take a stand to be wrong. I'm not buying the story of global warming but I'm willing to admit I don't know.

This is a prefect example of expert uncertainity.

I believe God is in control and I'm not going to run around claiming the sky is falling when people much smarter than me are not even sure.

The Unseen One said...

I'm not going to run around claiming the sky is falling when people much smarter than me are not even sure.

...and many are sure that it is not.