50,000 and counting

Sometime last night PowerBlog! welcomed the 50,000th visitor. I know some blogs get that in an hour but it's quite a number for this little known, rarely mentioned corner of the universe.

For those of you who are regular readers, I want to thank you for your support. There was a time when this site attracted sudden national attention after the firing of a former talk show host. The pages were mined for words to take out of context and hate to be spread. But God is in control. If you don't speak the truth you will not last very long no matter what label you put on.
After all the attacks, PowerBlog! still remains and I believe God has used this as an outlet for truth. I know many have emailed me with a new respect and better understand of Christianity and the Catholic Church.

Looking back, there were a few moments I thought of pulling the plug. Yet still today I continue to meet great people who read it and value what we do here. It was Nov. 1st 2004, when the first PowerBlog! post went up. It was a post critical (of all things) the Catholic Church. As we approach 2 years of blogging and 2596 posts later we are still going strong. My sincere thanks to each and every one of you.

Powerball

No comments: