I'm Fed Up with Comcast!

That's it. I'm done. I called Comcast today and canceled my cable service. There is no reason on earth that a person should have to pay over $50.00 a month for cable TV. I'm not talking premium movie channels, I'm talking basic stuff.

For the past 9 years I have paid about $13 a month. For that I had locals channels, news, some cartoon stuff and the golf channel. 13 bucks for 30 channels was not a bad deal. So last night I discover I'm down to about 12 channels. When I called them to ask why, they said "sorry, but for the past nine years you had more channels then you supposed to have". Well that's not what they told me when I took the deal. For 51 bucks a month I could have the same channels I've had for the past 9 years. Nope. No thanks.
So to the shock of the person on the other end of the phone I told them to unplug it. I'm going without it. They way I was treated was appalling. It's not my mistake and instead of working to keep a longtime customer, they pretty much told me "oh well".

I don't really care for the dish, I'm not giving in to Comcast so I guess I'll find other ways of spending my time. Maybe we should all cancel cable TV and see what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Comcast raises the price of cable every year and they don't give us any extra channels, they took Sci-Fi away, I get channels I don't even want, why can't we do ala carte and pay for what we want.

Anonymous said...

Comcast needs a competitor, I bet things would change then.

Shaun Pierce said...

Well they do of you consider dish TV. You know once upon a time TV was free and support by ads. Now we have to pay for it and still watch the ads.

Anonymous said...

I am with you, I am paying for 3 months for no phone service. I am quitting as of 2/1/09 as my new year resolution. FUCK COMCAST, they can eat a dick. Personally every cable wire I see is getting cut, fucking fucked fuckers. DESTROY COMCAST CORP