Don't Know Jack

Very few things make my blood boil and I've had to add one thing to the list. "Jack Chick Tracts". Maybe you never heard of them. The one I viewed called "the Death Cookie" reminds me of Nazi propaganda for a sick and twisted agenda all wrapped up in something that is supposed to be good. The tract (that is supposed to bring people to Christ) depicts the Devil as the "consultant" the the Catholic Church. Part of the Devil's contribution is a cookie. This is supposed to represent the Holy Eucharist. The Pope is called "Papa" and the clergy are his "Holy Helpers". Oh wait it gets better..... the tract contends from 1200 - 1808 "Satan was in complete control of the Roman Catholic Church". It does not explain why Satan gave up the church in 1808. I have a feeling maybe he wanted to get into the tract publishing business. If you are into cartoon theology then you might actually believe this insipid garbage. If you do, well I'll pray for you because you have some major misunderstanding issues.

If you really want to waste your time looking at this trash you will find it here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chick drives me nuts, too. Catholic apologist James Akin met him and had interesting conversation, which he blogged. I'll try to find it for you.

Anonymous said...

Some of Akin's Chick stuff is here. His blogged has moved, btw. It's now at http://jimmyakin.org.

Anonymous said...

I posted some links to commentaries on Chick a while back. Enjoy.

Shaun Pierce said...

Thanks for the links. It's funny we both used the term "makes my blood boil". I had never heard of them before. I guess they have been around for awhile.

Anonymous said...

I will admit the first time some one showed me one of his cartoons, I thought it was a parady of some southern baptists theology, I was suppuprised to find out that some one out there belived that stuff.

Also for the record I am a Lutheran (LCMS)