Holy Halloween!

This Halloween, Chicago's Salem Baptist Church wants teenagers to go straight to "hell." Admission is $7 and passengers arrive at its gates on a yellow school bus.

Salem's "Nights of Terror" promises to "scare the hell out of teens" by guiding them on a half-hour tour through Hades -- or at least what passed for it in the don't-call-it-a-haunted-house set up in the church's administrative offices at 109th and Cottage Grove.

So-called hell houses have become popular over the last decade among some evangelical Christian churches that want to provide an alternative to traditional Halloween celebrations.

Do they work? Ask Sydney Foulks, 11, she had a vice grip on her father's hand. "I thought it was very scary and I know I'm never sleeping with nobody until I get married," said the girl after exiting the place.

Full Story

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

The most frightening thing about them is they probably don't even do hell justice.

I recently read a book called 23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Weis, I believe. It was quite sobering.