The Sin Factory

My humble suggestion to all who claim to be Christian is this .... STOP INVENTING SIN!!!!

My gosh people, Christians do more damage to Christianity than anyone else. I'm so tired of the annual Harry Potter/Halloween debate. There is a huge difference between watching or reading Harry Potter and practicing witchcraft.

Same with Halloween. I doubt if little Jimmy dresses up like Superman and collects a stash of candy he will be thrown into the fires of hell. "Oh we don't DOOOO HALLOWEEEEEEN. I'll be at the HARVEST FESTIVAL".

You know what, that harvest festival is Halloween with another label. Who are you fooling?

There is enough real bad stuff to worry about in this world. Yet so many out there go to DEFCON 5 over the smallest things. Raise your kids how you wish. If your convicted that something should be avoided then avoid it, but don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you.

There is this small (but very vocal) group of people who think they can shame other into accepting heir idea of Jesus. It's really sad. God made us in his image and we tend to make God in ours. So what the next sin we can invent?

2 comments:

The Unseen One said...

Amen!!!

I only caught a few minutes of that discussion, unfortunately. It was the first time I've actually enjoyed listening to J&S! Shame it didn't last, and they went back to the boring interviews they seem to be doing every time I turn on the show.

~Mark said...

Not enough Christians examine the everyday things of their lives. Yes, some come to the wrong conclusion, but I thank God for the openings created by the topics being brought up, and that people are at least examining "why" in some areas of life.

Too many Christians look so much like the world that nobody can tell the difference.