Back to Normal

Well things are getting back to normal. I want to thank everyone who called in or donated on the web to Food For The Poor. Your generosity has been amazing.

I also want to thank my good friend Horacio from Mallorca for his support of the campaign. If you are in the Pittsburgh area you have to go check out Mallorca. Also Mark at Trinity Jewelers has gone above and beyond. Stop by see him for your next jewelry purchase.

We will be back on the air today at 3 and I know with your help we will make our goal! It should be a fun show. John Hall who is on WORD FM in the morning will be in the studio along with Jamaica Tom! We will be taking donations once again today, but it's also going to be a laid back, have fun, Friday kinda show.

Tune in. You don't want to miss it.

I let you in on what we have planned for next week..... Monday we will be speaking with football great Rosie Greer and Tuesday I hope to have an interview with Charlie "Tremendous" Jones.

This is top secret but I have it on good authority Pittsburgh Steeler Tommy Maddox will also be on the show Tuesday!

That's all for now. Have great weekend and take someone to church!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it;s great to see things getting back to normal with, what's now called 'afternoon talk.' I've been listening semi-regularly since Marty left and I'd have to say that the show's going well. Chris is doing a great job as a fill in host, and it's great that you've been raising so much money for Food for the Poor.

However, I'm concerned, because it looks like what's going to happen is that this whole hting is going to blow by and no one is really going to know what happened with Marty. I've heard a lot of different stories, read as many sides of this as I can, and it seems like what everyone involved is saying conflicts with everyone else! Is there a time or a place where we might be able to put this whole thing to rest? If all the facts are out there, why doesn't everyones story line up?

It just seems that I've heard everyone side of the story but yours.

Thanks Powerball, and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

head over to marty's site talkingtruth.org, he has a response to the firing, and the public outcry from his perspective. It's a good read.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I've read the post on Martys site a while ago, but that just gives his side of the story. I'm trying to find out more from WORD's side.

Shaun Pierce said...

I hope everyone understands the position I'm in. When legal action is threatened (as it has been) and you are reminded by your employer that commenting on any former employee would be a violation of Corp. policy, I must be cautious.

It a shame that an internal situation has become such a public event.