Lord, Forgive Their Ignorance

If you tuned into the show Monday you heard some "discussion" of the Pope. I personally am respectful of anyone who passes on. I don't care what your beliefs are. If you are dead, I can not change a thing, so I simply say a prayer for you and extend my condolences. That however did not happen on the show!

Forget the fact that over 1 BILLION Catholic around the globe are mourning the Death of our Church leader, forget the fact that most non-Catholics can muster some kind words for the Pontiff, forget the role he played for 26 years in bringing a moral voice to the world. Push all that aside, open the phone lines and let's ask, "Was the Pope saved?"

The ignorance displayed by some non-Catholics toward Catholics at least begins to explain why they would even ask such a question. Pope John Paul II proclaimed the Gospel of Jesus for 26 years. Before that he served the Lord in several roles in the Church. He did it in a loud, clear and unwavering voice. Even in his final days when he could not speak he spoke loudly. Yet so many lost and misguided never heard a word. Christ tell us "my children will know my voice" it is sad so many think they know, yet possess not a clue.

Thank you Pope John Paul II for the Billions you did reach. I pray the rest will hear the truth though the distracting noise of dissenting of those who reject the truth in exchange for promoting their own distorted gospel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An outpouring for the Pope came form Catholics, most Protestants, Muslims, Jewish folks, non-relgious.

Everyone it seems, but the nice folks on Marty's show.

It really makes you wonder.

I wonder if when Charles Stanley dies, EWTN will have a show to bash his beliefs.

Shaun Pierce said...

Thanks for all the comments. I was a bit angry when I wrote post but after 3 hours of dancing on a dead man's grave I hope you can understand and will forgive me if I came across harsh.

To Rob I say, If you have trusted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour then "yes" I call you a Christian and a brother. Your heart is not for me to judge.

I am just shocked at the lack of respect for the dead and the mourning. Even if don't believe in God I would think you could at least muster some respect for a man's morals, solid stance and the good he brought to the world.

I see it on CNN, you read bits and pieces and it's sad so many still have idea of the Church truly stands for.

Pope John Paul II proclaimed Christ every step of the way, no matter what your faith was. He worked his whole life to bridge to gap that some continue to widen. The world (not just Catholics) has lost a great man.

Anonymous said...

Today a lady called in saying that we pray TO Mary. I would like to
clear something up. Number 1-before people jump to conclusions like
this, they should take the time to study our faith. Yes, we do ask Mary
to intercede for us because it was written in the Bible that Jesus
changed the water into wine by the intercession of Mary. We do not
worship her, but we do give her honor. Mary was evidently aware of what
her Son could do.She was the One chosen by God for the most important
work in our world of redemption. She is the Mother of Our Savior and
Jesus loved her.
I love the stories of the lives of saints because they are an incentive
for me. Some people use sports figures for their incentive. That is
their privilege and I don't 'knock' it.
Before I converted to the Cathoic faith, having been a Presbyterian all
my life, I studied various faiths before making my decision. Before I
questioned someone's faith, I would study it a little first and see why
they believe like they do. I still do this.
Pope John Paul was an example for us in that he, like Jesus, was
teaching us to love one another regardless of faith, color or creed. I learned so much from his example.I don't like 'bashing' of ANYONE'S faith. Each person has their own reason to believe the way they choose. What is important is that we love Jesus and live as He would have us live. We have choices and God gave us
the free will of choice. The Catholic Church was built on the Word of Jesus and His teachings.
We all should open our minds and hearts and listen for The Holy Spirit to speak to us. If we do this, we will find less time to try to find flaws in other's beliefs.
Thank You! I really have appreciated the way you handle these matters.