WILL SMITH: 98 PERCENT OF THE BIBLE IS THE SAME AS SCIENTOLOGY

The full quote: “I was raised in a Baptist household, I went to a Catholic school, but the ideas of the Bible are 98 percent the same ideas of Scientology, 98 percent the same ideas of Hinduism and Buddhism."

I can understand his confusion. You dip anyone in Catholic and Baptist theology and then ship them off to Hollywood you are bound to come out a bit twisted.

While I'm not sure about the exact percentages, Will Smith may actually be right.

I would say Baptists have it 98% correct. It's that other 2% I'm worried about.

If you got on a plane you were told “98 percent” of it works, isn’t it the other 2 percent you’d worry about?

FOX News

5 comments:

The Unseen One said...

I would say Baptists have it 98% correct. It's that other 2% I'm worried about.

Would that be the 2% that Catholics have right?

*ducks*

;)

Anonymous said...

Who is he to judge who got what right?

Powerball said...

Yes to question one. (What did you expect? I wasn't giving 2% to the Mormons)

As to question 2.... I think he does have a right. We all have to judge who is right for us to make our decision as to what we believe.

Anonymous said...

Why are the Baptist 98% correct?

Powerball said...

Well there is not enough room here to cover 98% but in a nutshell, if Baptists (or any other denomination) believe and trust in Jesus as the only way to heaven then I'd say you have a big chunk of it right.

It's the 2% of sacraments, real presence, intercession, etc. that we hit the fork in the road.