The Gospel According to Joel Osteen

You would think a pastor should have some basic Bible knowledge. Osteen proves that theroy wrong time and time again.

The latest is his statement that he believes Mormons are genuine Christians. This incredible statement from an alleged evangelical pastor came during Osteen’s December 23rd appearance on FOX News Sunday With Chris Wallace.

Wallace asks Joel Osteen:
WALLACE: And what about Mitt Romney? And I’ve got to ask you the question, because it is a question whether it should be or not in this campaign, is a Mormon a true Christian?

OSTEEN: Well, in my mind they are. Mitt Romney has said that he believes in Christ as his savior, and that's what I believe, so, you know, I'm not the one to judge the little details of it. So I believe they are. And so, you know, Mitt Romney seems like a man of character and integrity to me, and I don't think he would — anything would stop me from voting for him if that's what I felt like.

WALLACE: So, for instance, when people start talking about Joseph Smith, the founder of the church, and the golden tablets in upstate New York, and God assumes the shape of a man, do you not get hung up in those theological issues?

OSTEEN: I probably don’t get hung up in them because I haven’t really studied them or thought about them. And you know, I just try to let God be the judge of that. I mean, I don’t know. I certainly can’t say that I agree with everything that I’ve heard about it, but from what I’ve heard from Mitt, when he says that Christ is his savior, to me that’s a common bond. (Online source)

Joel, please study a bit before you choke on your foot again.

No comments: