Peduto: Take Politics Out of Road Paving Plan

From the story: A Pittsburgh Post-Gazette review of this year's paving plan found that 46 members of the Democratic Committee were slated to get fresh asphalt on the roads in front of or next to their homes, and four of nine council members -- counting Mr. Peduto -- have parts of their streets, or streets very close to their homes, on the paving list.

[To address the issue] Mr. Peduto's proposal requires that the city spend 90 percent of its paving dollars on streets identified by a pavement management system, while 10 percent could be dedicated to contingencies and emergencies. Read more...

Man, I wish that I had known that all I had to do was to tell the township that I’m a Republican Committeeman and I could get the badly deteriorating road in front of my house paved. Why didn’t anyone tell me this!?!

No comments: