Election Reactions

I went to cast my vote on the new electronic screens. I must have hit a button or something because the audio ballet began to play but I could not hear a thing. So I sent out a cry for help and the nice woman came over the restart the machine. When she did she asked me if I was voting as a Republican or Democrat? I smiled at the choice and answered her honestly.

I spent the rest of the night at the campaign headquarters of Sen. Rick Santourm. Sen. John Pippy was there. He spoke is support of Sen, Santourm. Pippy expressed his disappointment in the low turnout. He said we have 130,00 troops fighting in Iraq and the least Americans can do is vote. He stressed that we are in crucial times and said, "It matters who is in charge"

Mike Turzai was also there. He told the crowd the Sen. Santourm is a role model to other elected officials. He called Santourm, "The number one principled leader in the senate"

After about a 10 min. video recalling past Santourm "underdog" victories Sen. Rick Santourm along with his wife Karen and his children came to the stage and spoke to the crowd. He thanked everyone for their hard work and said, "I never run to win elections, I run to win the people's trust". He re-issued a debate challenge to Bob Casey, Jr. and said the people deserve to know where Casey stands on the issues.

In other election news, that anger that all the pundits claimed would not last, did haunt some top GOP legislative leaders. Senate President Pro Tem Robert Jubelirer and Senate Majority Leader David Brightbill lost their party's nominations for re-election.

Jim Marshall will face pay raise supporter Rep. Mike Veon, of Beaver Falls.

Incumbents also lost in the state House of Representatives:
Gibson C. Armstrong, R-Lancaster.
Roy E. Baldwin, R-Lancaster.
Fred Belardi, D-Lackawanna.
Teresa E. Forcier, R-Crawford.
Dennis E. Leh, R-Berks.
Stephen R. Maitland, R-Adams.
Frank J. Pistella, D-Allegheny.
Kenneth W. Ruffing, D-Allegheny.
Paul W. Semmel, R-Lehigh.
Thomas L. Stevenson, R-Allegheny.
Peter J. Zug, R-Lebanon.

Longtime Democrat legislator Frank LaGrotta was defeated last night by political newcomer Jaret Gibbons.

Now it's on to Novemeber!

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

Ken Ruffing lost? HA!!! Serves him right, the arrogant... well, I'll just leave it at that.