Ok, Who's Next????

Farewell dear Harriet. We hardly knew you. Literally. I never really took a stand for or against Ms. Miers. I did not know enough about her to take such a position. The "red flag" for me came when the White House was putting together these publicity pep-rallies. Did the folks in Washington really have no idea that this revolt was a possibililty? If not, then they have no one to blame but themselves for this mess.

We have no guarantee with any appointed or elected person. You hold you breath and hope for the best. You have a good shot at being disappointed no matter when you stand.

So dry your tears or contain your cheers (which ever the case) and turn the page.

Some have you have asked my pick. That's bit odd because I'm not expert in this area but I will go back to my original pick:

EDITH BROWN CLEMENT, 57: On the 5th Circuit since 2001, Clement is known as a no-nonsense judge with a reputation for being tough on crime and meting out stiff sentences. Her 99-0 Senate confirmation vote to the circuit court in November 2001 suggests she has broad appeal. She was touted as a top possibility for the vacancy to which Roberts was nominated.

There you have it!


No comments: