Theaters "Left Behind"

The third movie based on the "Left Behind” series of novels about Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ is opening on 3,200 screens across the U.S. – not one of them in a commercial theater.

Instead, "Left Behind: World at War” will be shown exclusively in churches.
More than 70 million copies of the novels by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins have been sold, but the previous two "Left Behind” movies flopped at the box office.

So this time, Sony Pictures Entertainment – which has underwritten the film – has decided to forgo a regular commercial release and instead rely on the movie’s Christian theme to attract viewers in churches.

NewsMax.com

3 comments:

Jim Sandoval said...

Does anyone have any opinions as to the accuracy of LaHaye's biblical interpetation of Revelation protrayed in these books? I've heard Hank Hannagraph really rip him on it.

Anonymous said...

LaHaye's interpretations are bunk, and based on a long history of bunk. There are a few books out there about this. Here's one coming out soon.

Jim Sandoval said...

What in particular do you find as "bunk"? The whole rapture issue? Life during the tribulation? The role of the UN? Please gives specifics. I'm just interested. My wife believes in the pre-tribulation rapture and I'm looking for information. After reading over Revelation and the Thessolonian books, I can see both sides of the issue and I want to get others' perspectives.

I looked at the description of that book, and the summary makes it sound like leftist claptrap, upset that Christians have a voice. Just my opinion, though, and heaven knows, I'm not an opinionated person. ;)