David Lee Roth: "Don't Micromanage Me"

DAVID LEE ROTH's CBS RADIO morning show has turned into a battle between the former VAN HALEN front man and management about the direction of the show.

ROTH told listeners that executives suggested he bring in "a ROBIN (QUIVERS) character or a standup comedian character" (in the vein of predecessor HOWARD STERN's use of JACKIE MARTLING and, later, ARTIE LANGE) and warned management "don't manage me. Don't micromanage me. Don't tell me what to do."

ROTH said WFNY-F (92.3 FREE FM)/NEW YORK GM TOM CHIUSANO and VP/Programming MARK CHERNOFF had told him to "copy HOWARD" and told him to stop playing "foreign" music beds.

Sounds like trouble brewing to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see my post about this?

Shaun Pierce said...

Yes. That's one of the reasons I began tracking the story. My prediction is DLR will not last much beyond a year. I could be wrong but he is not off the good a start with the guys who sign the check.