Passing the Bucks

I received a letter from Steve Schaefer who is a a candidate for the 57th House Seat in Westmoreland Co.

He brought something to my attention that I was not aware of, and I'd like to share it with all of you. I hope you will consider his request and all of you in Westmoreland Co. check out his website:

Mr. Pierce,
I enjoy your web site and I'm hoping you can help bring some light to an issue. I'm a candidate for the 57th House Seat in Westmoreland Co. My opponent, an 18 year incumbant, is a pro-life Democrat and has done some great things for the pro-life movement.


Here is my problem. The Democratic party has a national platform which stands for abortion on demand. 90% of their candidates are anti-life. When people give political contributions to pro-life Democrats, they may be surprised to learn where it goes.

The PA Department of State lists where candidates receive their funds from. Many of these contributions are from fellow candidates. You can see where Friends of Candidate A gives $300 to the Elect Candidate B campaign. So if you donate $50 to Friends of Candidate A (the pro-life candidate) there is a good chance that money finds it's way into the coffer of a different candidate. My opponent has had a very easy road in the past getting elected so he always has excess funds to give to other candidates (he raised $180,000 last cycle). Please inform your listeners to make sure when they donate that they tell the candidate they support they they MUST NOT SHARE monies with anti-life candidates.

Steve Schaefer
www.courage2006.com

No comments: