Say it with me "CHRISTMAS"

It happens this time every year. People flip out over what to call December 25th. Winter Break, Sparkle Season, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Kwanzaa, Xmas, international yippee day!

Personally, I don't care what you call it. I won't boycott a store if a sign out front says "Happy Holidays" If you own the store, you pick the signs. Just don't jump on my case if I choose to call it CHRISTMAS.

You know someone had to do a poll on this. Ah look ....the Rasmussen survey found 67 percent favor "Merry Christmas" while just 26 percent prefer "Happy Holidays."

While 88 percent of Republicans prefer "Merry Christmas," just 57 percent of Democrats favor the saying. So Merry Christmas all you Dems. I guess I just offended 47% of democrats.

Several activist groups have launched campaigns in the last few years to encourage stores to acknowledge that their biggest retail season of the year is about Christmas, not winter or simply "holidays." With all due respect, work on the abortion issue first before you nit pick shopping malls.

But for those of you who want to grab a pitchfork and riot in the streets you might want to join the Committee to Save Merry Christmas. You can check out their site for the naughty and nice list

No comments: