Another Tax Plan, Another Vote

The state Senate is set to vote this morning on a plan to reduce school property taxes by increasing wage taxes and redistributing revenues from slots gambling.

Agreement was reached last night on the outlines of the plan, which has wide support in the Senate, said Republican leader David Brightbill of Lebanon and Democratic leader Robert J. Mellow of Scranton.

However, a major hurdle remains. Whatever comes out of the Senate must be reconciled with a property tax reduction plan being developed by the House. After a 10-hour debate Tuesday night and early yesterday, the House focused on property tax-cutting proposals that increase the state sales tax and expand its base.

If you lower a tax by raising a tax have you acomplished anything? Ponder that one awhile.

Post-Gazette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they raise the sales tax, I will not buying anything other then food inside of PA, I will use the internet for everything that is not food or clothing.

what would that be now 8% sales tax come on that is oppesive, I thought I would never want to leave Pittsburgh, but I have friends and relitives in TX they have no state taxes there, and TX is starting to look good now.

I don't want to leave Pittsburgh I LOVE Pittsburgh (heck from 2001 to 2003 I stayed in Pittsburgh even though I was living off of $800 a month (thanks clinton for distroying the economy buy over hyping "your" great work with the tech sector, we all saw where that happend) then and I had a friend saying if I moved Boston he could get me a good job with very nice salary even after you adjusted for cost of living, but I stayed, but if they keep raising taxes I may be forced to leave the City and the State, and take my programming skills with me)

Anonymous said...

I should also note I make almost 3x that now. Also all nubers are post tax, becuase pre tax means nothing, it just a number the goverment uses to rob more money for people