Sean Casey Comes Home

It's always good to see a local boy make good. Upper St. Clair High School graduate Sean Casey will be in a Bucco uniform next season. While the Pirates can use all the help they can get, it's what Casey does off the field that's impressive.

I could hardly believe it this morining when I saw Scripture quoted in the sports section! Casey is known as much for his charity work as he is for baseball.

He told the Dayton Daily News last season that his charity work springs from his faith.
"We're all on this Earth to make a difference while we're here," Casey told Hal McCoy, the Hall of Fame Reds beat guy from the Dayton paper. "When we're gone, we're gone. There is scripture that says, 'The Kingdom of God is now.' In Matthew 25:31-48, Jesus is talking, and He says ... when I was hungry, you fed Me. When I was thirsty, you gave Me drink. When I was homeless, you put a roof over My head.' "

Check out the story in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

No comments: