The Powerball Show - Rockin' the World

If you read the Arts & Entertainment section of the PG today you will see an article about online radio. Why do I mention this??? My online radio show metioned. My thanks to Adrain McCoy for including "The Powerball Show" in her article.

Here is a bit of the article:

While online radio is a global phenomenon, there are several interesting online stations in town with a uniquely local flavor.

Shaun Pierce, producer/news director at WORD-FM, hosts an oldies program on Rock-it Radio (
rockitradio.net), a site with a collection of on-demand programming. His monthly "Powerball Show" is devoted to '50s and '60s rock, R&B, doo-wop and rockabilly.

"I wouldn't be able to do a radio show where I pick the songs, work when I want to work and have a global audience. Rock-It Radio and the Internet allow me to do just that," says Pierce. "I also discovered there are many songs that were hits only in the Pittsburgh area. I now have the ability to introduce those songs to the world 40 or 50 years after they were first released."

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

No comments: