Posted on the Church Door

I had to share this email with all of you:

I have been reading your blog for the past year. I used to be a Media Director at an evangelical Church until 3 months ago. Recently, the church moved into a new building and really been pushing Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Church model. The leadership also shifted to more "relevant" forms of worship. When I was on staff, I really became convicted that the church was watering down the gospel and was headed in the wrong direction. I finally confronted the Pastor about it, and he immediately asked me to resign.

He also asked the Children's Director to resign also, because we were considered "poison" by going against the vision or dream of the church.

Anyway, my friend and I have been regular readers of your blog and have appreciated the discernment put forth. This weekend we posted a letter on the door of the church (in the spirit of Luther) voicing our concerns about the direction of the church. I'm not sure what it will do--Probably nothing, unfortunately.

But just a note of encouragement, my friend and I are both young (24). I used to be swayed by the emergent and relevant teaching, but through your blog, as well as other ministries the Holy Spirit has really changed my heart and corrected my thinking. I plan on going into the ministry to become a Pastor and am attending seminary this January.

Well I'm not sure what to say. I'm glad they stand for what they believe. I think their jouney has just begun and I pray they will be guided by God along the way.

No comments: