Radio Waves

Early in the week I posted a story on the death of KDKA. Well some ratings have come out that prove my point. KDKA slipped down into 3rd place on the second round of the 12+ Fall Arbitrends. Slipping just slightly ahead of its sister to second place is WDSY. It's not really that WDSY is doing things right, KDKA is just doing things wrong.

WDVE has held first place in the 12+ category for about a year now. FM Talker WPGB continues to climb in the ratings while BOB-FM remains stable. WORD FM is up thanks to all of you!

In other news, The POST-GAZETTE reports that after two decades at WDVE/PITTSBURGH, SCOTT PAULSEN has left to launch a new show on CBS RADIO WRKZ (93.7 K-ROCK). PAULSEN's contract with CLEAR CHANNEL ended in SEPTEMBER, and his last broadcast there was FRIDAY (12/15). Because of a non-compete clause in his contract, he won't be able to launch his K-ROCK show until APRIL.

Paulsen will join two boring and often offensive syndicated talk shows, Opie and Anthony during morning drive and Kidd Chris during afternoon drive. I'm certian I've killed brain cells the few times I've listened.

I like Scott. He is talented but I don't think he is going to the right station and I would not recomend anyone working with the current management over there. (I warned you Scott)

Will all this be enough to save this sad little station? My guess is there will be some buzz but not enough to raise the sunken ship. And so music radio in the Burg' continues to suck eggs and howl at the moon.

No comments: