Christian Music

To me music is music. I personally don't place any "Christian" artist above any secular artist. In fact I don't even like using those labels. If I like a song I don't care much if it's Casting Crowns or ZZ Top.

What really bugs me is the attitude of some when it comes to music. How dare I listen to rock and roll and call myself a Christian? Well because I am and I do.

I've been to a number of Christian concerts. I also been to a number of other concerts and you know what, they are not much different. You have over priced food, over priced tickets, a guy who tries to look cool selling t-shirts and people dance and sing.

Sure the audience is usually sober at a Christian concert and I have yet to see an alter call at a Van Halen show but when it's all said and done both concerts are entertainment.

I can't stand hearing the term "worship music" or "praise songs". If you are singing to God then sing. If you are listening to music then listen but don't tell me you are worshiping with your ipod in hand.

Music can be a wonderful part of worship. It can also be a distraction and we end up worshiping the song or they lyrics or the writer or the singer and we forget about the only one we are to worship.

If you want real Christian music I suggest you go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look, satan himself started off as a instrument of praise to God. If you do not think that there are demonic lyrics that glory self rather than Christ just transcribe some of the more popular music that is out there. Praise, song, dance is meant to be towards the Lord and most use it to promote other things. Every song first started in the mind of the one who wrote it. It was an idea, that idea has a message that is attached to it, and that message is conveyed to you. An idea is like a seed. It can start out small, but the more we "water" it the more it grows and takes root in our soul. When you choose to let down your guard and open yourself to that ideas that do not promote a closer relationship with God or are blatantly contrary to it then you weaken yourself. It is your own accord of course, no one can take away your free will, but you should not be ignorant to the consequances of your actions. People backslide and loose their faith through the daily lessening of concern to what is being presented to us. I pray that God touch your heart in this and reveal the truth to you in time. (By the way the thought of the idea seed it rampant throughout the scriptures, don't take my word for it investigate the word of God yourself).
-William