ONE OF EDWARDS ANTI-CATHOLIC BLOGGERS QUITS CAMPAIGN

I posted last week on two bloggers hired by the John Edwards campagin. Edwards didn’t have the guts/leadership/integrity to fire this girl for her hate filled speech. At least not publicly.

Former Sen. John Edwards said he was offended by the vile posts of his presidential campaign's two anti faith bloggers, but apparently not enough to fire them. Edwards defended his decision to retain Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan in a press statement. "I talked personally to the two women who were involved. They gave me their word they, under no circumstances, intended to denigrate any church or anybody's religion, and offered their apologies for anything that indicated otherwise. I took them at their word."

When actor Isaiah Washington slandered a homosexual, he was institutionalized. When Mel Gibson lashed out against the Jewish community in a drunken tirade, he became a Hollywood outcast. Marcotte and McEwan were allowed to blog on in Edwards' name. That is until Amanda Marcotte posted on her personal blog, Pandagon, that the criticism "was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign." Marcotte said she resigned from her position Monday, and that her resignation was accepted by the campaign.

She continued on without taking responsibility for her words but blogging her tantrum. "No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can't do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue (Catholic League president) doesn't have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won't do it."

Note: Her site at the time of this post was down.

Edwards said, "That kind of intolerant language will not be permitted from anyone on my campaign." Then why wasn't action taken? It took a foul-mouthed blogger to realize that her words were not helping Edwards. It's a shame a man who wants to be leader of the free world could not see that.

Mr. Edwards, it's time for you to do the right thing and fire Melissa McEwan for her remarks.

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

Interesting how she tries to spin herself as the victim. Pathetic.