ROMNEY: RELIGION ONLY A FACTOR EARLY ON

He told the NY Times “People have interest early on in your religion and any similar element of your background. But as soon as they begin to watch you on TV and see the debates and hear you talking about issues, they are overwhelmingly concerned with your vision of the future and the leadership skills that you can bring to bear.” (NY Times) In another Romney story, he explained why he’s now pro-life. “…it struck me very powerfully at that point, that the Roe v. Wade approach has so cheapened the value of human life that someone could think it's not a moral issue to destroy embryos that have been created solely for the purpose of research, and I said to my chief of staff, and that's been 2? years ago, I said to her, 'I want to make it very clear that I'm pro-life.' " (Washington Times)

1 comment:

The Unseen One said...

While I probably won't vote for him in the primary, him being a Mormon won't be a reason to stay home in November '08.