Muslim attack in Oakland, CA

Last Wednesday, a group of about a dozen black Muslims wearing suits and bow ties - attired in the same fashion as members of the Nation of Islam, brazenly vandalized two Oakland, California liquor stores, terrorizing the store clerks and warning them not to sell liquor to blacks and black Muslims. Using metal pipes, the men smashed cooler doors, swept numerous bottles of liquor from store shelves and knocked over food displays. The attacks took place at the New York Market at 3446 Market Street in Oakland, and the San Pablo Liquor Store, 2363 San Pablo Avenue, also in Oakland. Although attired like the members of the Nation of Islam headed by Louis Farrakhan whose signature garb consists of dark suits and bow ties, investigation suggests that the perpetrators are associated with a group of radical black Muslims once led by now-deceased Yusef Bey (born Joseph Stevens in 1935). Bey's group operates Your Black Muslim Bakery Store Chain located at 5832 San Pablo Avenue, also in Oakland. Bey and his followers have a long history of violence associated with their group, which was allegedly inspired by the Nation of Islam. Just last month, Yusef Bey's son and successor to lead the group of radicals was slain in an assassination-style hit. Bey reportedly discovered the Nation of Islam in 1964 and met with their leader, Elijah Muhammad on numerous occasions, also taking the advice of Muhammad to locate in Oakland. A thorough and extensive historical account of Bey and his group of black Muslims is located at this LINK.

Yesterday, the owner of the New York Market that was vandalized last Wednesday, Tony HAMDAN, was kidnapped and his store set ablaze, destroying the establishment. HAMDAN was found locked in the trunk of a blue car in the parking lot of the Safeway store on San Pablo Avenue in El Cerrito about 1:40 P.M. He did not appear to be harmed during the abduction. Although Oakland police have not publicly admitted a direct connection between last week's "attacks" and the arson and kidnapping, sources privately stated that there is a direct connection between the events, the perpetrators are some of the same individuals who terrorized the establishments, and about a half-dozen arrest warrants have been or will be issued for the men identified on the surveillance footage from the stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am at my wits end over this. Its not even seen as a big deal by most, but to me, this is the reason why:
A. I have little confidence in how the media reports things.
B. I no longer give arabs the carte blanche benefit of the doubt in the middle east

I can’t explain it, but I used to think that we blacks were seen as different from America in the eyes of the rest of the world. Naïve. I think the majority of the non-European world (Black, non-Muslim Africans may be the only one that is different) sees America as the great satan, or the evil-doers, etc, etc… and they see Blacks as Satan’s dog. When the Black Muslim defendant had a press conference he said that Arabs would be killed for selling that stuff in their homeland, but they come to America and go straight to the community that has the most problems, greatest challenges, and least resistence to their products. I thought that was well said. Anyway, these guys are now locked up . About 11 of them I think. They are not Farrakahn’s NOI, but a splinter group btw. The charge was vandalism, hate crimes, false imprisonment and, get this…TERRORISM!!!! Man, what has this world come to.

Do you know what they sell in “those” liquor stores? Not just liquor. As a kid, I used to wonder how it was legal. I was in third grade (the year Reagan was shot) when I tried to get my brother to help me burn the liquor store down that was close to our house. He told my mom. Bastard. She explained to me that I was right, but that I’d get in trouble… so she punished me by confiscating the gasoline (we used to get gas to mow lawns) and taking away the Atari (her embargo on Air-Sea Battle, Space Invaders, basketball, Missle Command, Pac-Man, and Combat effectively ended my revolution). To this day I still don’t understand how it’s legal to for one store to sell zig-zags, crack pipes, plastic baggies, hard liquor, the latest gang-related clothing, and smut.
As a kid who had a parent addicted to drugs and alcohol I was very conscience of what was going on. I couldn't believe the store was selling these things one and a half small blocks fom our elementary school.
These defendants are being reported as terrorists, linked to anti-semites, and terrorists. Yet, I’ve been bombarded the last few years with words like Insurgents, loyalists, radicals, and rebels to describe the Iraqis whoa re fighting against our the american military - the choice of jargon/nomenclature/wording is bullshit.

blogger: black and blue notes

site: critical discussion