ENOUGH WITH THE CARTOONS!!!!

I'm sick of the cartoon story! I don't care who drew what with whom and who got all ticked off over it.

I'm all for free press but The University of Toronto's Victoria College student newspaper is really pushing things a bit far in my opinion.

"The Strand" has used the controversy surrounding the cartoons ridiculing Islam to bash Christianity and Islam simultaneously. Accompanying an article on the cartoon controversy, the paper published a cartoon of its own depicting Jesus smooching with Mohammed in the "Tolerance Tunnel".

Now before someone says that I'm only offended when it's Christianity that is the target, think again. I'm not offended. I think it's in bad taste but still not offended. However, I am sick of people who try to outdo the last cartoon.

Can we go back to Archie and Jughead for a bit and leave Jesus and Mohammed out of the funny papers for awhile?

No comments: