The Gathering

This past Saturday I along with 1800 other men joined together at the Gathering of Catholic Men at the AJ Palumbo Center.

It was wonderful to meet so many of you. Since then several people have ask "how was it?"

I almost can't describe it. I had a friend with me who said "Man, look at the line for the men's room." I had to correct him and tell him that wasn't the line for the men's room. That was the line for confession.

Bishop Zubik impresses me more every time I'm with him. He started our day very early with a Holy Hour. Often time a Bishop will make an appearance and then leave. Not Bishop Zubik. He was there beginning to end. He joined 50 other priests and heard confession for 6 hours and then celebrated Mass with us all.

He travels this week to Washington, DC as one of four Bishop chosen to meet with President Bush and Pope Benedict XVI at the White House.

I believe the event changes lives. The response has wonderful. My hope is the gathering sparked something in men that will carry on.

No comments: